Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ikuforiji reels out 10-point agenda

Posted By: KIZZYERISKY - 1:57:00 PM

Share

& Comment

Lagos – The Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly (LAHA), Mr Adeyemi Ikuforiji, a governorship aspirant under the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Sunday presented his 10-point agenda to residents of Lagos State.Ikuforiji presented the agenda while declaring his governorship ambition to party members at the Lagos Television (LTV) Blue Roof in Ikeja.“A few weeks ago, I told my friends and staff in the Lagos State House of Assembly that I will be running for governor.“I am, by the grace of God, the longest-serving speaker, not just in Lagos, but in Nigeria’s history.“My dear people of Lagos, I believe that the time has come for us to consolidate the gains of good governance.“The time has come for us to re-articulate the vision of the founding fathers of Lagos, and re-energise the people of this great city.“I intend to build on the achievements of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Gov. Babatunde Fashola, to make Lagos a truly global city.“I am also presenting my agenda for the transformation of Lagos – My 10-point Cardinal Programme.“I believe, when implemented, this will consolidate the gains of the past, as well as help us to build a new future that will make Lagos as global city.“My 10-point Cardinal Programme connects all the critical areas of the political, economic and social lives, and provides a synergy between these different sectors.“This 10-point-Cardinal Programme is produced by many months of hard work and exchange of ideas with some of the finest brains that our Lagos can boast of,” the speaker said.Ikuforiji said that in the areas of Job creation and poverty alleviation, full and gainful employment would be approached as an indispensable tool of ensuring good life for the people of Lagos.He said that his core vision was to consolidate and enlarge the enviable legacy of good governance that Lagos had come to be known for.The speaker said that he would work hard to make Lagos the African Alpha City, one that would link the African economy to the world economy.“Lagos will constitute the heartbeat of the continent in the 21st Century and I believe that our state has all that it takes to play this role.“I am convinced that we can make it happen for Lagos, under my leadership.“As a technocrat and a widely-travelled politician, I will contribute my quota to the charting of a new trajectory for Lagos by ensuring that our politics is devoid of rancour.“I will ensure that even to the most politically aloof Lagos resident, politics will be attractive and would no longer perceived as a dirty game characterized by nepotism,’’ Ikuforiji said.He said that his administration would “combine the populist approach of Alhaji Lateef Jakande, the financial ingenuity of Asiwaju Tinubu and the vigour of Fashola’’.The speaker said that within the first 18 months of his government, hospitals in Lagos would be upgraded to world standard.He added that government officials would be mandated to undergo medical check-ups in the state, instead of going abroad.“Our schools in Lagos will be restored to their former glory and I will not rest until LASU is one of the top 500 universities in the world.“I am in this race to make a difference; my conscience tells me this is the best time to do the will of God for Lagos.“I am well placed to lead this new phase in the history of Lagos and with the strength of character that I have shown, particularly since I was elected in 2003 as a member of the house and Speaker since 2005.“This recommends me for the governorship,’’ he added. (NAN)
SOURCE: vanguardngr.com

About KIZZYERISKY

Young Kizzye is a Certified web Guru, an internet WizKid Artiste and an Online promoter of good Music, Video and Bussiness of any kind

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?

Copyright © 2013 News & Entertainment Spot™ is a registered trademark.

Designed by Templateism. Hosted by Young Kizzye.